Tuesday 19 April 2011

old velvet bear

Easter holidays means tidy the house - no excuses!  After failing dismally to cram the remains of the fabric I have been using since February half-term into the floor to ceiling cupboard in my 'workshop' (occasionaly known as the living room) I had no choice but to have a little sort out.  It was like Christmas, finding fabrics that were all forlorn, shoved at the back of the cupboard and long since forgotten.  Needless to say when I found some old velvets (now crushed) I had an immediate compulsion to make a bear, and all the fabric was hurriedly placed back in the cupboard!  A different assortment of fabrics are now piled on the living room floor, and the balance of tidiness/creative mess is restored. The impending visit of 'Mrs Dyson' has been postponed for a later time when necessary bears have been made.

The first bear made herself so comfortable on the sofa I didn't have the heart to tell her she might not be staying for long, so I have made another in a combination of vintage rose and chocolate brown velvets. 
 
She is available for adoption here  Adopted 22nd April 2011

1 comment:

fee @ chipper nelly said...

Mrs Dyson you say??!
My workshop is SOOOO bad I haven't been in for 2 weeks. I'm hoping that when I do venture in (and have the required 'big tidy') I will gaze with awe and wonder at all the beautiful papers I had forgotten I had!
Hope you're having a good week,
fee ♥